Attend CB6 Strategic Community Planning meetings this fall to get updates from Mount Sinai Beth Israel (MSBI) and find out how you can get involved. Check the calendar for dates.
On Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 we learned the following:
- MSBI has decided NOT to move out of their 16th street campus or build a new facility on East 13th street as previously planned. They will remain at the East 16th street location, and renovate and modernize the space to accommodate current needs and allow for surge capacity.
- MSBI will still likely sell some portion of their current properties, including the Bernstein pavilion when it is empty (in approximately 1-1/2 years).
- MSBI is moving ahead with construction of their Rivington facility and its planned “One Stop Shop” behavioral health program. This facility is projected to open in late 2022 or early 2023.
- MSBI states that there will be ongoing communication with the working group and are open to community engagement and input
- MSBI will not close or interrupt patient care during the retrofit of their current facility.
We will continue to post updates as they become available.